This article features a few of the society’s photos of Pollard School and its students.
In 1886 the governing of the schools was transferred from the Board of Selectmen to a duly incorporated school district governed by a school board of three members and other officers elected at annual school meetings and voting their own appropriations.
By default, images are displayed as a “picture list” of thumbnails on one or more pages. Two slideshows are available:
1) Click the “Show as slideshow” link above the thumbnails to view a simple slideshow of all images. Click the “Show picture list” link to return to viewing the picture list of thumbnails.
2) Click any thumbnail to open a slideshow viewer window. Click the right side of an image to see the next image. Click the left side of an image to see the previous image. Close the viewer window to return to the picture list of thumbnails.