100 Years Ago

This photo of the first four grades of the Pollard School was taken in 1906 or 1907. The original Pollard school was built in 1896 next to the First Baptist Church on land donated by A. G. Pollard. In 1911 this two story building was torn down and a new central school building of four rooms was constructed. Since 1911, several additions have enlarged the building significantly.

Photo courtesy of Mr. & Mrs. Lauren Chase.

First four grades of the Pollard School in 1906 or 1907

Front Row Nelson Fecteau, Philip Davis, Raymond Seaver, Albert Davis, unidentified, Oscar Fecteau, unidentified, Newman Sleeper, Paul Dearborn, Bernard Merrick
Middle Row Reva Gates, Amber Russell, Florence Kelly, Elizabeth Sultaire, George Alden, Meriden Crockett (standing in front), Marion Spear, Cora Andrews, Dorothy Sawyer and Fred Andrews
Back Row Donna Hall, Dorothy Cushing, Bernice Sawyer and Ruth Mansell
Teacher Miss Alice Messer