Plaistow Historical Society Photo Exhibit

Pollard School  


Home Featured Exhibit Membership Merchandise Past Exhibits Contact Us Links Wish List

Click on a small image below to display the larger image at right.

This exhibit features a few of the society's photos of Pollard School and its students.

In 1886 the governing of the schools was transferred from the Board of Selectmen to a duly incorporated school district governed by a school board of three members and other officers elected at annual school meetings and voting their own appropriations.

April 1943

At one time, "Pollard School" boasted of having one of the finest playgrounds in the state, the baseball field having been built by the staff of the old Boston Braves. This playground had the finest equipment available at the time and was a gift by Mr. Pollard.



Copyright © 2006-2010 Plaistow Historical Society, Inc. All rights reserved.
Internet portal courtesy Plaistow Public Library.