Plaistow Historical Society Photo Exhibit

Pollard School  


Home Featured Exhibit Membership Merchandise Past Exhibits Contact Us Links Wish List

Click on a small image below to display the larger image at right.

This exhibit features a few of the society's photos of Pollard School and its students.

In 1886 the governing of the schools was transferred from the Board of Selectmen to a duly incorporated school district governed by a school board of three members and other officers elected at annual school meetings and voting their own appropriations.

Pollard School with 8 classrooms

In 1918-1919, four more rooms were added to the "Pollard School" to take care of the increased enrollment. The staff consisted of eight grade teachers, a visiting music teacher, an art teacher and a nurse.

The four additional classrooms were added to the back of the building as indicated by the additional windows on the left side of the building in this photo.



Copyright © 2006-2010 Plaistow Historical Society, Inc. All rights reserved.
Internet portal courtesy Plaistow Public Library.