Plaistow Historical Society Photo Exhibit

Pollard School  


Home Featured Exhibit Membership Merchandise Past Exhibits Contact Us Links Wish List

Click on a small image below to display the larger image at right.

This exhibit features a few of the society's photos of Pollard School and its students.

In 1886 the governing of the schools was transferred from the Board of Selectmen to a duly incorporated school district governed by a school board of three members and other officers elected at annual school meetings and voting their own appropriations.

New Pollard School Under Construction 1911

In 1911 the Old Pollard School was torn down and a new central school building with four rooms, pictured here, was constructed and the other district schools were closed.



Copyright © 2006-2010 Plaistow Historical Society, Inc. All rights reserved.
Internet portal courtesy Plaistow Public Library.