In 1957 the old building was razed and replaced with a new two-story
structure 74'x28'. The lower part of the building is cement block and fire proof construction.
The upper floor housed a kitchen, a meeting hall,a bedroom, and office space.
On March 2, 1958 the new fire station was officially dedicated with an open house.
Over five hundred citizens and guests inspected the new building.
There were also present, as special guests, sons and grandchildren of the donors of the first
piece of fire apparatus in Plaistow - the old hand tub.